Re-Solution

A Very Happy New Year…

I know its already 13 days down, but as they say better late than never, so here am finally penning down a post as well as wishing all the readers and the people in general a very successful, healthy, joyful, love-filled year ahead.

There were so many things to write about, in the last few months, but laziness ruled the roost as I ended up postponing and never came up with anything.

New Year comes with lot of partying, celebrations, booze, and of course the most fragile thing in this world “New Year Resolutions”.

They say the best way to ensure that you keep your resolutions is that you discuss it with the people around you so that you feel ashamed that you haven’t kept your word.

Well, there are so many thick skinned people in this world and if people can’t break the promises they make to themselves, then the world would not be such a imperfect and happening place to live in.

Anyways I haven’t really made any resolutions as such for the sake of the new year, but this year I want to make some resolutions and I want to keep them as well, so I thought of making it publicly available to the entire world wide web, so that whenever people meet me am egged on to keep my promises to myself and life in general.

So here are my resolutions for this year:

  1. Be regular on the blog, with at least one posting a month.
  2. Be regular to the gym.
  3. Visit at least two new places for vacations.
  4. Try and keep in touch with friends more often at least one call per month.
  5. Learn one musical instrument (Guitar will win this hands down).
  6. Try and reduce my shopping spree(and that of my wife's too :) )
  7. Improve my reading habits by reading more books.

Phew, at least that will set some things in my life in order. I have tried and made sure that each one of the resolutions are not too optimistic. With a little effort things should go through.

How successful I am in keeping them, well that only time will tell, but at least I have taken the first step forward. And as they say a good beginning is like a task half done.




Comments

Arnie said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arnie said…
The writing has been put on the wall..so get ready

But what about the SLAs?? I will kick you whenever you fail buddy!!

Re-alisations or Re-solutions bothways the metamorphosis - All the best and be steady!

I wrote a poem!!!! :D:D:D
Anonymous said…
Its a gud idea to publicize our resolutions....

reading books , learning a musical instrument , being regular to Gym.. its cool...

Music .... takes u from earth... so atleast do keep it...

Waiting for Jan 1st 2010 to audit u..
ha..ha...
keep going
Shabbu said…
My resolution are a bit same..just a few changes..but publicizing idea doesn't work ..i am THE living example for that :) . My few friends have reminders in their mobiles..some write on their walls (not literally)..it all comes down to the 'inner drive'..ahh so my resolution is to develop that first. hehehehe.. i hope u can touch base on atleast the priority 1 and 2 one's....go for it dude..
Anonymous said…
Read your blog today while I was on a conference call. Makes for nice reading. -Madhu
Sreejit said…
Thanks for all the comments.

A quick update:
#1. So far so good :)
#2. Not been able(they stopped the gym @ office and at my place they are yet to start and this is recession time so nt spending on an outside facility.
#3. Had been to Jamshedpur last week, but it wasnt quite it hardly had time to see around.
#4.This sure is gettin better atleast I would like to believe it.
#5.Cost cutting hasnt allowed to splurge on this too. But very soon I will start.
#6. Havent shopped for anything substantial for two months now. Even the V-day was low key.:)
#7. Read 'The White Tiger' and currently reading 'The 4th Protocol'.

Popular posts from this blog

Adieu my dear friend!!

World Cups and Heart Aches - A un-ending love story

Short Cut